Before you email in, please take a moment to check if we’ve listed your question below. We’re a tiny team, so responses might not be immediate, but the answers below might be just what you need to know!
Q. Can I leave and re-enter the festival?
A. Camping, VIP Camping and 3 Day Non-Camping ticket holders will be able to re-enter the festival. We do not offer re-entry for day ticket holders.
Q. I have a query about my ticket – who do I contact?
A. Please get in touch with See Tickets by clicking here.
Q. Where & when can I buy a ticket?
A. Tickets are only available via the website and our sole ticket agent See Tickets.
Q. Does my full weekend camping ticket include admission
A. Yes, if you have purchased a weekend camping pass, you have admission to the festival site. If you have only booked accommodation however, eg. a bell tent or motor home pitch then you will also need to purchase a weekend camping ticket.
Q. Will there be any Day Tickets on sale for the festival?
A. Yes, there are a limited number of Day Tickets on sale now, but snap them up before they run out if this is the ticket you need.
Q. I have a Day Ticket. Will I be able to camp or access the campsites?
A. No – unfortunately Day Tickets do not provide access to any campsites. If you want to stay overnight at the event, you’ll need to purchase a Weekend Camping Ticket.
Q. When do I get my tickets?
A. When you buy your tickets you will initially receive an order confirmation that means you have secured your tickets. Your e-tickets will be emailed to you by SEE Tickets one week before the event.
Q. Do I have to book in advance for anything else?
A. You might want to add parking to your ticket, if you’re coming by car, otherwise we will soon be releasing some other travel packages. See our Travel Page for details.
Accommodation upgrades include:
- Pre-erected tents
- Live in vehicles
- Bell tents
- see our Accommodation Page for details about these.
Plus we do have some tickets for more adventurous classes like Standup paddle boarding (SUP) and Aerial Yoga on sale too. These can be booked through the website, otherwise there may be spaces left on site if you ask with the provider on your arrival. We will also be running some activities that are ticketed, such as SUP and Canadian canoes. These can be booked through the website, otherwise there may possibly be spaces left on site if you ask with the provider on your arrival.
Q. Oh no! I can’t make it, can I get a refund on tickets?
A. This depends on your circumstances and whether you’ve purchased refund protection. As standard our tickets don’t come with refund protection, this is a paid extra available when booking. For more information, please contact See Tickets.
Q. I’m desperate for a ticket – should I buy one from eBay (or similar?)
A. We would advise not. As you can’t be sure if it will be real or not.
Q. Can I swap my adult / teen tickets?
A. Sorry, this is not possible. We have fulfilled quotas for each ticket type and need to adhere to our licensed capacity.
Q. What facilities (showers/toilets) are available for camping/motorhomes?
A. Toilets and showers are available
Q. Can I come by myself if I’m under 18?
A. So sorry, but anyone under the age of 18 needs to come with parent or guardian. And each adult ticket allows up to 4 minors to attend with them, at their responsibility.
Q. When does the site open and close?
A. The site opens on Friday at 10:00 and closes at 11:00 on Monday.
If you purchased a Thursday camping ticket, the Creekside campsite will open Thursday at 12:00. Please note all other areas, including the main arena will not open until Friday 10:00.
Weekend campers will need to leave the site no later than 11:00 Monday.
Day passes allow access to the arena only (no campsite access) Friday, Saturday 10:00 – 02:00 and Sunday 10:00 – 00:30.
Q. How do I find out directions / Where is the festival?
A. Rock Oyster Festival is located at the beautiful Dinham House Estate, St Minver, Wadebridge, PL27 6RH.
Q. Can I bring my own alcohol?
A. Bringing alcohol into the festival arena is strictly prohibited but a limited amount is allowed within the campsite – see rules below.
– Weekend campers aged 18 and over can bring in limited amounts and types of alcohol. You may be asked of proof of age;
– Quantity per person: 1 crate of beer/lager/cider OR 1 litre of wine OR 12 cans of pre-mixed spirit and mixer;
– No straight spirits allowed;
– All drinks must be unopened and NO GLASS;
– Alcohol is on sale at the event but you must be 18 or over to purchase. Bring ID, you will be asked each time you buy a drink. It is illegal to buy alcohol for another person who is under 18. Challenge 25 is in place at all bars. Accepted forms of ID are passport, driver’s license or anything with a PASS logo.
– Alcohol will only be permitted on first entry to the festival campsite. You will not be able to exit & re-enter with more alcohol.
– Alcohol cannot be brought into the festival arena. It will however be on sale inside the arena.
– Day ticket holders are not allowed to bring in any alcoholic drinks.
– No glass allowed.
Q. Is there a restriction on tent sizes?
A. YES! The site has a limited capacity, and so we have a strict policy of normal sized family tents only. Please do not bring a 8 x 10 berth mega-tents or gazebos as we simply do not have space. If you would like to book a pre-marked pitch with us, allocating you 5X7m then please see our Accommodation Page to select.
Q. Can I camp anywhere?
A. There will be dedicated zones for General Camping, Quiet Camping, Pre-pitched tents and glamping. Please do not obstruct Fire Lanes and Emergency Access points.
Q. Can we have dogs on site?
A. Unfortunately no. We love our four legged companions but with a more developed food offering this year combined with some pretty hefty music headliners we’re concerned about their wellbeing as well as the wellbeing of people on site.
Q. Are there electrical hook up points at the festival for mobile home vehicles?
A. No, unfortunately there are no hook up points at the festival site.
Q. Can we have fires in the campsites?
A. No please don’t, so we can be sure of your safety.
Q. Can I bring my campervan, motorhome or caravan?
A. Campervans, motorhomes and caravans are permitted at the festival but you will need to purchase a separate live-in-vehicle ticket as well as weekend camping ticket. Caravans must book a double pitch. 1 live-in vehicle allowed per pitch.
Awnings are allowed as long as they fit within your pitch but tents are not permitted in this area. Pitch sizes are available either as single 6x4m or double 6x8m. Our ‘Live-in Vehicle Pass’ does not include power or water hook-up. Caravans / towing vehicles and campervans will be in separate sections of the live-in area.
Q. Can campervans and tents camp together?
A. We cannot allow any tents in the campervan field.
Q: Can I bring a camping stove?
A. All cooking equipment must not be used within tents, nor under any awnings, at any time. We advise using it at least 1m away from tents. No open fires.
Q. Can I still volunteer to get involved / work at the festival?
A. Apply to volunteer HERE and we’ll be in touch with more details!
Q. Can my band come and play at the festival?
A. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. Can I talk to someone about trading, or setting up a brand partnership with the festival?
A. Send an email to email@example.com
Q. I have a content idea i’d like to bring to the festival i.e. yoga, hula-hooper, fire breather, magician etc
A. Contact @firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHALL I PACK?
- FESTIVAL TICKET(s)
- Toilet roll
- Hand sanitiser
- Sun lotion
- First aid kit – we will have medics on site but a portable kit is always handy!
- Your water bottle – please bring personal bottles to site with you, to keep our environmental impact down as much as possible. The site is on mains water and there will be standpipes to fill from in most areas.
- Your coffee cup – please also bring a camping mug or keep-cup if you will be drinking tea or coffee.
- Insect repellent – Lavender/peppermint oil are a natural and Eco-friendly repellent and work a treat against the bugs!
- Portable charger & cable – we will have limited charging points on site
- Your tent – if you’re camping… although a bivvy bag would also do.
- Sleeping bag
- Your best sparkly festival outfit
- Fancy Dress – it’s the Secret Garden Fashion Show on Saturday! So make sure you pack your outfits!
- Waterproof clothing and wellies – who knows what the weather will bring, but if you’re prepared for it, then it won’t stop your fun!
- Swimmers – there’ll be plenty of opportunities to get wet over the weekend, with stand-up paddleboarding, SUP yoga, and a paddle in the estuary. Be prepared to get muddy too though!
- Jumper/Fleece – it can get chilly at night
- Runners and something stretchy – if its morning runs or a spot of yoga that tickles your fancy, there’ll be plenty of opportunities for active wear too!
- Medical information (if you have any allergies or medical conditions)
- Relevant medication
- Food and drink – campers are allowed a restricted amount of food and alcohol on site. This will be assessed in bag check. Food and drink is available to purchase on site.
- Credit/Debit Card and Cash – we prefer card payments, however in the case of technical fault – it is useful to also carry cash.
- Luggage labels with name and address detailed
- Bin bags – please be responsible for you own litter and respectful of the beautiful surroundings.
WHAT SHALL I NOT PACK?
No flares or fireworks.
No Chinese lanterns.
No campfires, barbecues or grills.
No personal soundsystems.
There will be searches at the gate, against all of the items listed above.
You can bring a limited amount of alcohol into the campsite – see rules above.
LEAVE NO TRACE
At Rock Oyster we are committed to putting in as much as we take back. Please help us to limit our environmental impact by also thinking about the natural landscape around you while you are having fun. Please use the bins provided. Please drink responsibly. Please take your tents home with you. And please use the toilets we put in for you. Rock Oyster is so lucky to be inhabiting the beautiful Dinham House Estate for the weekend, right on the Camel Estuary, with all the treasures that it brings. Please treasure it with us.